Author Notes: A combo of two of grandma's favorites —Sue
Prep time: 35 min
Cook time: 40 min
ounces Pearl onions (Trader Joe's are peeled and prepped)
bunch fresh spinach or one bag frozen chopped
chopped, roasted red pepper ( I roast over a flame on the gas stove, steam and peel)
ounces goat cheese
cup heavy cream or half and half
salt and white pepper
In This Recipe
- Saute pearl onions in olive oil until slightly browned.
- Add to pan thawed and squeezed frozen spinach, or chopped fresh. Cook on low heat until wilted.
- Add goat cheese and cream to pan. Bring to a low simmer for ten minutes.
- Add red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Serve as is, or transfer to a buttered baking dish to reheat before serving.
- *May add buttered panko breadcrumbs to top before heating if serving from a baking dish.