Author Notes: Decadent and very sweet. Strawberries, pistachios, potato chips and other flavors meld to make this a very tasty treat.
This recipe makes one 6x6 pan of bars. Enough for about 9 large pieces. Feel free to double the recipe and pan size if you need to serve more. —Jenny
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 40 min
ounces plain potato chips (ridges) plus more for the topping
tablespoons butter, melted
(7 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
ounces white chocolate chips
cup toasted coconut flakes
cup slivered almonds
cup pistachios, cut in half
ounce (14g) freeze drued strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cooking spray on a 6x6 baking pan and line with parchment.
- In a food processor, combine potato chips and flour until it looks like coarse bread crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and pulse until chips are moistened and finely chopped. Press mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the crust and spread to form an even layer. Scatter the white chocolate chips first over the sweetened condensed milk. Then place the flaked coconut pieces, pistachios, freeze dried strawberries, reserved potato chips, and almonds over the chocolate. Then press everything down into the sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake for 25 minutes or more until it is bubbling.
- Cool and chill in the refrigerator before cutting.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Asked to Bring to Every Gathering