Author Notes: A sophisticated twist on a classic - no bake cookies! The addition of black cocoa powder really intensifies the chocolate flavor in this recipe. —Leah Gerweck
Makes: ~3 dozen
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 2 min
cups granulated sugar
tablespoons unsalted butter
tablespoons black cocoa powder
tablespoons natural or dutch-processed cocoa powder
cups quick-cooking oats (uncooked)
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk, salt and cocoa.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Continue boiling for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture reaches 235-240 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper using a cookie scoop or two spoons.
- Let stand until firm, at least 5 minutes. Store tightly covered.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Asked to Bring to Every Gathering