These little plantain bites are the perfect finger food for your next party! These are compliant for many dietary needs.
These little plantain bites are the perfect finger food for your next party! These are compliant for many dietary needs.—Alexa Federico
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 25 min
sweet plantains (black or look very ripe)
strips of bacon
cup spicy brown mustard
teaspoons maple syrup
teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the peel from plantains (see post for instructions) and cut 1/2 inch bites diagonally.
- Slice the bacon strips in half.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around a piece of plantain and place on baking sheet. Continue until all are wrapped.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip, then bake for another 10 minutes.
- While the plantains are baking, mix the mustard, maple syrup, cinnamon, and garlic powder to create the dip.