Author Notes: Sure to become your favorite mixer for cocktails or mocktails, this festive shrub is packed with antioxidant-rich cranberry goodness. This Cranberry Shrub recipe is made out of 4 simple ingredients: water, sugar, cranberries, and apple cider vinegar, which is raw, live, unfiltered and with “the Mother” – the strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria that give it a desired murky appearance. Some research suggests apple cider vinegar may help promote weight maintenance, blood sugar regulation and heart health. Mix an extra batch for friends and enjoy! —Contributor
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
cup O Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer on low until cranberries pop and release juices, about 10 minutes.
- Cool, then strain, pressing to release all of the syrup from the cranberries.
- Combine with the vinegar and transfer to an airtight container.
- Steep overnight in the refrigerator.
- Serve with ice and seltzer or with your favorite spirit.