These white chocolate blondies, flecked with pink peppercorn and swirls of raspberry jam, are a perfect marriage of super-sweet and ever-so-savory. They’re fruity, peppery, and perfect for spicing up your Valentine’s Day!
These white chocolate blondies, flecked with pink peppercorn and swirls of raspberry jam, are a perfect marriage of super-sweet and ever-so-savory. They’re fruity, peppery, and perfect for spicing up your Valentine’s Day!—Grant Melton
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
teaspoons pink peppercorns
cup unsalted butter
cup light brown sugar
cup white chocolate chips
tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat an oven to 350˚F. Line an 8x8 square baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang. (This will help with removing the baked blondies.)
- Put the pink peppercorns into a mortar in pestle and grind until coarsely ground. If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, place the pink peppercorns into a zip top bag and smash with a heavy skillet. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pot, melt the butter. Once melted, remove from the heat, add the brown sugar and whisk to combine. Continue whisking and add in the eggs one at a time. Mix until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour, salt, and pink peppercorn. Stir in the white chocolate chips, then pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Using a spoon, dollop the jam over top of the batter. Using a butter knife or wooden skewer, swirl the raspberry jam. Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges or golden brown and the blondies have risen slightly. Let cool.
- Once cool, using the excess parchment hanging over the edges, lift the blondies from the pan in once big piece. Trim off the golden edges from the blondies and then cut into 16 squares.