Creamy cauliflower soup topped with extra virgin olive oil! It's the perfect vegan recipe for anytime of the day or night. Only 5 simple ingredients and done in under 20 minutes.
Creamy cauliflower soup topped with extra virgin olive oil! It's the perfect vegan recipe for anytime of the day or night. Only 5 simple ingredients and done in under 20 minutes.—Three Hungry Bellies
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
head of cauliflower
tablespoons nutritional yeast
tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
- Take a greenery off of the cauliflower and then cut into large florets. You can also use the stem!
- In a large pot add all of the cauliflower pieces, water to cover the 90% of the cauliflower, and a sprinkle of salt. Cover, bring to a boil, then let it cook for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes are up, check the cauliflower to see that it is fully cooked. A knife should go through without any problems.
- Drain the cauliflower but be sure to leave about 2-3 cups of water.
- Add the cauliflower back into the pot along with 1 1/2 cups of water and BLEND AWAY with an immersion blender. If you see that you need more water add about 1/2 cup at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Next, add in the olive oil and nutritional yeast. Blend again.
- Taste it, add salt if needed, and enjoy hot, cold, or my personal favorite with vegan grilled cheese!