Delicious, crunchy, sometimes a little chewy pieces of garlic. Perfect for snacking on like smelly popcorn!
Delicious, crunchy, sometimes a little chewy pieces of garlic. Perfect for snacking on like smelly popcorn!—Claire Schmotzer
Makes: 6 ounces
Prep time: 2 min
Cook time: 8 min
ounces garlic cloves
roll paper towels
- First peel the garlic cloves. (I used 6 oz. pre-peeled bagged garlic. I came into a significant amount for free. Don't ask)
- Cover the bottom of two glass or other microwave safe dishes with a layer of paper towels. (I used my pyrex pie pan and glass 5x8 square pan)
- Place half the garlic in each dish. Make sure the cloves are spread out.
- Cover garlic with a layer of paper towels.
- Microwave the first dish for 4 minutes.
- Remove the first dish from the microwave and put the second dish in for 4 minutes.
- Microwave each tray for an additional 3-4 minutes. Make sure to alternate trays and mix the garlic after each heating session.
- If the garlic is still soft, alternate the trays for up to a minute at a time until most of the cloves are firm. The garlic will burn easily, so watch it closely.
- Let the garlic cool and enjoy!