Author Notes: Can be made in advance up to a day in advance and reheated in the oven, covered, while baking something else or nuked.
Be sure to line roasting pan with aluminum foil. You are already spending several days in the kitchen making one meal. You needn't spend a whole nother day scrubbing one pan, even if soaked overnight (the pan, not you). —ohyoucook
pounds assorted veggies: carrots, parsnips, beets, potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, mushrooms and/or sweet potatoes
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
teaspoon kosher salt
teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line roasting pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray foil with cooking spray.
- Peel and cut large veggies into 1 inch pieces. Small mushrooms or baby carrots can be left whole. Peel outer leaves of Brussels Sprouts and cut in half. Cut onion into 3/8 to 1/2 inch rings.
- Place vegetables in prepared pan. Drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange veggies in a single layer in pan.
- Roast uncovered, stirring every 15 minutes until tender and evenly browned, about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.