Author Notes: I originally made this recipe about 20 years ago based on a recipe from a magazine. I didn't keep the recipe, but I've been making (and modifying) it ever since. —Kevin
pound small waxy potatoes, slice into 1/4" rounds
md. carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4" rounds
ounces gruyere, shredded
tablespoons minced fresh rosemary and parsley
tablespoons chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
In This Recipe
- Heat oven to 350F. Butter a small baking dish (about 8 inches in diameter.
- Cook potatoes and carrots in boiling, salted water until bust tender.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes and carrots in the baking dish, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, sprinkle with a tablespoon of herbs, sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat for two more layers. Add chicken broth.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Gratin