If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe for Spiced Pecans is based on one I found in Dorie Greenspan's book Around My French Table. http://www.elanaspantry.com/spiced-pecans/ —elanaspantry
- 2 cups raw pecans (whole will be most tasty and beautiful)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- In a large bowl lightly whisk egg white, then briefly whisk in agave
- Toss the pecans into the egg white mixture and stir to coat evenly
- Toss in chili, cinnamon, cayenne and salt, stir so that pecans are evenly coated
- With a slotted spoon, transfer pecans to a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 300° for about 25 minutes, until the pecans are browned and the coating is dry
- Cool for 20 minutes and serve