If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This curried parsnip soup is the perfect form of resistance against bitterly cold winter days; it will warm your aching bones and put a smile on your face, I guarantee it. The original recipe called for chopped red peppers as a garnish, but I thought that smoked paprika would be a nice alternative, and it's definitely a winner! Please check out other recipes on my blog: www.grubdaily.com —grubdaily
- 300g parsnips
- 2 medium onions
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 chopped fresh red chilli
- 1.2 liters chicken or vegetable stock
- 150g potatoes
- 1 tablespoon potatoes
- 1 tablespoon creamed or dessicated coconut
- Peel and chop the parsnips, onions and garlic. Melt butter in a saucepan and add the onions and garlic. Cook gently for about 5 minutes without colouring.
- Add the curry powder, chilli and stock. Bring to the boil. Peel and chop the potatoes and add them along with the parsnips and the coconut.
- Simmer gently with the lid on for 20-25 minutes, or until the parsnips are tender. Liquidise until smooth with a blender. Garnish with a swirl of double cream and a sprinkling of smoked paprika.