If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this recipe for my boyfriend, who loves carrot cake and is very health-conscious. I personally am not a fan of desserts that try to be a healthy version of a regular dessert and end up not being too delicious, but I think this is a nice puddingy dessert with carrot cake flavors that even someone not concerned with nutrition information can enjoy. It can also be doubled and baked in a larger dish - the cooking time will stay the same. —VanessaS
- 3/4 cup flour
- 8 packets sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 3/4 cup crushed pineaapple. drained
- 1 teaspoon finely ground flax seeds
- 3 teaspoons water
- 2 cups grated carrot, firmly packed
- vanilla frozen yogurt, as desired
- pomegranate seeds, as desired
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix flax seeds and water in a small bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Mix flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a medium bowl.
- To dry mixture, add applesauce, pineapple, flax mixture, and carrots. Stir just until combined.
- Spray small baking dish (I use 8"x6" oval gratin dish) with non-stick spray. Add cake mixture and bake for 35 minutes at 350.
- Let cake cool slightly and serve with frozen yogurt and pomegranate seeds.