If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from my mom, via a well-worn index card. Simple to make, they tend to disappear very quickly! —wssmom
Makes 28 biscuits
- 1/2 pound bulk sausage (you can use hot sausage, sweet Italian sausage, apple-chicken sausage ... whatever you like)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix (gluten-free works also)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk (add more if mix is extra sticky)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper, dried thyme, ground ginger (if you have fresh thyme, use about 1/2 teaspoon, finely minced; ditto ginger)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a skillet, saute crumbled sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Combine in a bowl with baking mix and cheese.
- In another bowl, mix together egg, milk, and seasonings, add sausage mixture and blend well with hands.
- Shape mixture into 28 balls (about 1 tablesoon each), place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet, flatten slightly, and bake 20 mintes.
- Let cool, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish