Author Notes: Delicious, tender, and soft naan bread made to perfection with golden brown bubbles ready to sop up all your delicious curries and stews! —Three Hungry Bellies
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
tablespoons greek yogurt
tablespoon olive oil
garlic clove, minced
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the flour, yeast, salt, and sugar just until they are combined.
- Next add in the greek yogurt, water, olive oil, and garlic and mix until all the liquid ingredients have been absorbed.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes and then give it one fold. To do this you will take a spoon and lift one section of the dough into the middle of the dough. Turn the bowl 90 degrees to another unturned section and lift the dough with the spoon into the middle. This is just an easy way to developing a little bit of gluten while keeping the dough in the bowl!
- After turning let the dough rest for 45 minutes.
- Once the dough has puffed up a little less than double its size take it out of the bowl and on to a lightly floured surface.
- Cut it into eight smaller pieces and flatten each piece out into an oblong shape.
- Heat up a cast iron pan to medium high heat and grease it with a little bit of oil. Place the dough onto the heated cast iron and cook each side for about 1 -2 minutes or until you see bubbles starting to form.
- Repeat until all the dough has been used up and topped with parsley
- Enjoy while warm!!