Author Notes: This Meyer Lemon, Peas, and Parmesan Pasta uses the Meyer lemon juice and zest, leading to a bright and fragrant pasta dish. —Amber Egorov
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
cups Frozen peas
ounces Evaporated milk
Meyer lemon (juice and zest)
cup Grated Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Start a pot of salted water for the pasta on high heat, and add pasta once the water boils. Cook per the box directions. Add peas and water to a small pot on medium-high.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add the evaporated milk and the juice of one meyer lemon. Stir. Add the grated parmesan, salt and pepper, and lemon zest (reserve some zest and cheese for topping). I just used the small side of a cheese grater. Taste the sauce and adjust salt as needed.
- After pasta and peas are cooked, turn off the stove and drain. Return the pasta to the pot you cooked it in. Add cooked peas and stir. Pour in all of your sauce. It will look watery, but let the pasta absorb the sauce for 2 minutes. Stir and let it sit for a few more minutes so that all of the sauce is absorbed. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Top with extra zest and parmesan, and serve this bright and delicious lemony pasta for dinner!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pantry Pasta