Author Notes: Garlicky, peppery, cheesey spaghetti tossed with brown buttered mushrooms, crispy kale and aromatic shallots and garlic. —Deepika
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
pieces Garlic cloves
cup Parmesan cheese
cups White button mushrooms
cup Torn kale
tablespoons Olive oil
tablespoons Freshly ground black pepper
- Place a pan on medium high heat and fill with water. Generously salt water and wait for a rolling boil. Add your spaghetti. Reserve pasta water.
- While your spaghetti is cooking. Place another pan and heat it up.
- Finely mince your garlic and shallot. Cut mushrooms into thick slices. Destem and tear kale.
- When pan is hot add 2 tablespoon of butter and let it brown in pan. Once brown, not burning, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and add the black pepper. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
- While on medium high heat add your mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes until brown and tender. Then add garlic, kale and shallots and cook for2 to 3 minutes.
- Periodically check on your pasta for that perfect al dente texture. Once it's there start transferring your pasta directly into your mushroom/ veggie pan.
- Toss and add about 1/2 cup of the salted pasta water to create an emulsified sauce. Add your parmesan and toss everything till mixed and creamy. Check for salt. If too dry add more pasta water.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pantry Pasta