Author Notes: Scrummy melty blue cheese tossed into sautéed artichoke hearts and mushrooms, then sprinkled with prosciutto and poured over your favorite pasta. Easy substitutions allow this recipe to shine with a meat-free version using roasted walnuts or pinenuts, or substitute other charcuterie meats on hand for the prosciutto. —Robin
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
box frozen artichoke hearts. Can substitute with canned artichokes.
ounces 1 16 oz container mushroom, quartered
ounces 3/4 of a standard 16 box of pasta. I used angel hair- any style will work
ounces blue cheese, any style you like or have on hand
tablespoons olive oil
cup white wine (optional)
pinches salt, pepper to taste
splashes hot sauce
ounces About 10 slices of proscuitto cut into strips.
- Sauté the artichoke hearts and mushrooms in olive oil, till browned.
- Add white wine and cook down 5 min.
- Turn off heat, add in the crumbled blue cheese, and let sit 2-3 min till cheese is melty.
- While waiting for cheese to melt, cut prosciutto into strips. I remove the fat.
- Toss all the ingredients together over hot pasta. Add salt, pepper, hot sauce, toss again and serve.