Author Notes: My mother is a wonderful cook and she has taught me many a lesson in the kitchen. However, the real chef in the family is my grandmother, who we adoringly call, Honey. Honey recently gifted me all of her famous recipes and I feel like I have inherited the Hope Diamond. One of my favorite ways to 'spoil my supper' growing up was with these tasty cheese balls. —acarterw
- 1/2 pound Danish Blue Cheese
- 1/2 pound Aged Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cup Sesame Seeds, buttered and toasted in skillet
- Cream both cheeses together in a standing mixer.
- Once creamed, roll into two balls.
- Roll the balls in toasted sesame seeds until well covered. (toast seeds over medium heat until golden and aromatic, and let cool before rolling on cheese)
- Wrap in foil and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Can be made a day ahead.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish