- Prep time 5 hours 30 minutes
- Cook time 1 hour
- Serves 8
This is the lightest, fluffiest cheesecake you’ll taste anywhere. The moist cooking environment in the Instant Pot® makes it super creamy and greatly reduces the chances it will crack or dry out. Be sure to beat the eggs just until combined to ensure the cake won’t sink in the middle as it cools.
Excerpted from INSTANT POT MIRACLE © 2017 by the Editors at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved. —Food52
Test Kitchen Notes
Featured in: 10 Surprising Things You Can Make in Your Instant Pot. —The Editors
Nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 cups
graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs
cream cheese, softened
freshly grated lime zest
Fresh orange segments (optional)
- Lightly spray a 6-or 7-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan. Place in the pan and spray again; set aside.
- Combine crackers, the 2 tablespoons sugar, and butter in a bowl; mix well. Press into bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, the ½ cup sugar, flour, salt, vanilla, and orange juice until smooth and creamy. Addeggs, beating just until combined. Stir in citrus zests. Pour into prepared crust.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot®. Place the trivet in the bottom of the pot. Cut a piece of foil the same size as a paper towel. Place the foil under the paper towel and place the pan on top of the paper towel. Wrap the bottom of the pan in the foil, with the paper towel as a barrier.
- Fold an 18-inch-long piece of foil into thirds lengthwise. Place under the pan and use the two sides as a sling to place cheesecake in thepot. Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve.
- Select manual and cook at high pressure for 35 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a natural pressure release to depressurize.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pot using the sling. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Carefully remove pan sides. Top cheesecake with fresh orange segments if desired.