If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Since I am from Kentucky, it is my lot in life to love bourbon. Combining bourbon with sugar and chocolate - makes my heart go thump thump. You won't be able to keep friends away from these chocolate morsels! —acarterw
Serves a crowd
pound Powdered Sugar
cup Makers Mark Bourbon
pound Pecan Halves
- Cream butter, powdered sugar and Makers Mark together in a standing mixer.
- Let mixture stand in refrigerator for 3 hours, or until hardened.
- Once cooled, roll into small 1 inch balls and press pecan halves on either side. Set aside on wax paper.
pound Bakers Semi Sweet Chocolate
- Melt together over double boiler at low temperature. The chocolate will melt nicely if you break it into smaller pieces before putting it in the double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip bourbon balls in chocolate one at a time. You want your bourbon ball to be completely covered in the chocolate.
- Set ball back on wax paper until chocolate is firm.
- Store in refrigerator. Can be made in advance.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish