Author Notes: This said is easy, adaptable, refreshing and satisfying all at once. It can be served as a salad, a side dish, or (with the addition of a protein) served as a main course. —Ella
Prep time: 20 min
cup best quality feta cheese (I like Pastures of Eden)
tablespoons best quality EVOO
tablespoon red wine vinegar
kalamata olives, sliced
Persion or other seedless cucumberss, sliced VERY thin
- Add first three ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Add the sliced olives and stir together gently.
- Slice the cucumbers very thin-- I use a vegetable peeler but a mandolin works almost as well. (You should have about 1 & 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers, packed.)
- Cut the tomatoes into chunks.
- Add cucumbers and tomatoes to the feta mixture, stir gently but thoroughly, and let it sit for 15-20 minutes to let the flavors marry.
- Serve as a salad, side dish or add cooked, drained garbanzo beans or cut-up rotisserie chicken to create a whole meal.