- Makes 1 dozen
If you have never had Monkeybread you are missing out. I grew up eating MonkeyBread and I thought it would be nice to make smaller versions of them as a sweet breakfast treat. This is adapted from Hannah of Honey and Jam by adding orange zest and unsweetened cocoa. I promise your guests will not stop eating these! —Table9
Cans of Regular Buttermilk Biscuits (not the flaky ones or butter flavored)
2 1/2 teaspoons
Light Brown Sugar
Sticks of Unsalted Butter
Orange Zest, Minced
Fresh Juice from an Orange
- Preheat oven to the temperature required in the biscuit instructions.
- Pop open each biscuit can, and cut each biscuit into four equal pieces. Set aside.
- Pour granulated sugar, cinnamon, 1 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa and orange zest in a large Ziploc bag and put all the biscuit pieces inside. Seal it and shake to cover the biscuit pieces evenly.
- Place squares of parchment paper in inside each cup of a muffin tin or individual ramekins without parchment if you desire, filling each about 2/3 up. You can also make these in a bundt cake pan, I just prefer individual portable ones.
- In a skillet, combine brown sugar, 1/2 tablespoon cocoa, juice of orange and butter over low heat. Cook until butter is melted completely. Using a tablespoon, pour about 2 tablespoons of liquid over each muffin cup or ramekin.
- Bake for as long as recommended on the biscuit instructions. Remove and serve in parchment paper cups or eat them right out of the ramekin.