If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are only two of us at home and I love to ready my palate before dinner, but making an appetizer is usually to much effort than it's worth. This dish however uses basic ingredients often found in main dishes you may be preparing (other than the Bay Scallops of course), making this appetizer quick,cheap, and easy. —MjrScoop
pound Bay scallops
Yellow Bell Pepper (diced)
cup chopped Scallions
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
teaspoon Red Pepper flake
Salt to taste
cup white wine
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat, and remove left over muscle (or whatever the tough chewy membrane is called) on the side of the scallop.
- Add pepper and scallion to pan and cook till pepper starts to sweat, about a minute.
- Add Scallops and cook, stirring until they start to change color.
- Add wine and red pepper flake, and reduce wine by half.
- Garnish with salt, black pepper, and some raw scallion and serve.