If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I grew up in California where tacos, salsa, beans and rice were rooted into my asian blood. Buenos Aires doesn't have great Mexican food, though with lots of avocados, and my leftover crunchy-bits of corn chips, inspired this into a healthy satisfying breakfast. —FrancesRenHuang
ripe avocado, mashed
teaspoon shallots, minced
pinches of roasted cumin powder
pinches of table salt
handful cilantro, chopped roughly
splashes of lime juice
Scrambled Egg & Condiments
large eggs, whip with fork until color is pure yellow
dashes of whole milk
handfuls corn chips
sour cream, hot sauce (optional)
- Toast 2 tortillas in the oven or on a toaster while mixing ingredients for guacamole; set aside.
- Meanwhile, put a teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet, then set the pan over high heat; swirl the oil around until pan shimmers; pour in beaten egg.
- With a wooden spatula, slowly lift and fold eggs until they form into curds, and then until eggs are clumped, shiny and wet, 1~2 min.
- Divide the scrambled eggs on each tortilla and top it with guacamole.
- Serve with crunchy bits of corn chips, with an optional hot sauce and/or sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast