Author Notes: Christmas morning would not be the same without this on the table. Dust with powdered sugar and place it on a foot caked stand and it looks wonderful as it tastes! —MEngkvist
cups whole milk
cup maple syrup
cup whipping cream
cup packed brown sugar
loaves of bakery cinnamon swirl bread
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add raisins to bowl.
- Cut bread in 1 inch chunks. Fold into bowl with liquid ingredients. Cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour soaked bread into lightly buttered 9" springform pan. Place on jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast