- Prep time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
This kale salad recipe is a quick, easy, and delicious addition to your lunch, brunch, or dinner. Simple ingredients come alive in this nutrition-packed recipe. Plus it's ready in just 10 minutes! I love to enjoy it with leftover chicken on top and some dried berries and nuts. —WellnessforWomanhood
curly kale, removed from stem
Hass avocado, cubed
salt, to taste (optional)
coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash and remove the kale leaves from their stems, with either a chef's knife or your hands. The easiest way to remove it from the stem by hand is to make a loop with your thumb and index finger and pull the stem through. The leaves should come right off! Plus it’s fun.
- Roughly chop the kale into pieces that are about one inch wide. Place in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Wash avocado and lemon. Dice avocado and cut lemon in half.
- To the medium bowl with the kale, add the avocado and lemon juice. I squeeze the lemon juice right over the salad, but feel free to juice it before hand and toss it in at this step!
- With clean hands, squish the avocado into the kale. This is the "massaging" part of the recipe! Mash the avocado into the kale leaves until all of the leaves are evenly covered in avocado and leaves relax.
- Add salt and pepper. Add any additional toppings you like! Here are some ideas: pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, dried berries, leftover chicken from last night's dinner, fresh fruit, the possibilities are endless!
- For best results, I recommend serving this salad slightly chilled. I leave it in the fridge for about 5 minutes before I serve it!