- Prep time 30 minutes
- Cook time 25 minutes
- Serves 8
The figs get ooey gooey, the almond cream adds such a nice nutty flavor and creamy consistency, and as always the crust is flakey & tender! —Three Hungry Bellies
What You'll Need
all purpose flour
stick of cold butter, cubed
8 - 10
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients except for the water and blitz for about 15 - 20 seconds. Part of the butter should be incorporated into the flour but you should still see butter blobs pieces. They should be about 1/2 inch big.
- Next, add in 3 tablespoons of water and mix again but in short 2 second pulses. If the dough is dry add another tablespoon otherwise dump it out and form into a flat round disc. Set it into the fridge to harden a bit. Approx 30 minutes.
- In a standing mixer on medium speed beat the butter until light and fluffy
- Then add in the confectioners sugar, almond flour, and all purpose flour and mix on slow speed until fully incorporated. Scrap down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything was mixed in.
- Lastly, add in the egg and mix until smooth. You can use immediately or if you are making this ahead of time you can set it in the fridge. Just be sure to take it out about 30 mins before you need it so that it softens.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash and dry the figs before trimming the top and bottom off of them. Then cut then into four slices per figs.
- Wash and dry the figs before trimming the top and bottom off of them. Then cut then into four slices per figs.
- Next, on a floured surface roll the dough out to about a 12 inch circle. Transfer the 12 inch circle from the counter to a parchment lined baking tray with a rolling pin.
- Spread out the almond cream leaving about 2 inches for the border. Place the sliced figs in concentric circles on top of the almond cream.
- Then fold over the 2 inch of dough onto of the fig and almond creme.
- To get a nice shine, paint the egg wash on the crust and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake for 20 - 25 or until the crust is golden brown!