Author Notes: A healthier version of french fries, this snack / side dish is brought to life with the addition of hot paprika. Paprika is often overlooked as a spice, but I think it is more versatile than simply being a coloring agent. In this dish, I think the spiciness of the paprika complements the sweetness of the vegetable, offering a taste that is addictive! —Rohit Mitter
cloves garlic, chopped finely
tablespoons hot paprika
Salt and pepper
cup extra virgin olive oil
bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry parsnips. Peel and chop into strips (resembling the form of french fries). Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix garlic and hot paprika with olive oil; stir to combine. Add olive oil dressing with parsnip "fries" making sure vegetables are well coated.
- Place parsnips on baking sheet or casserole dish and bake / roast for approximately 45 minutes, or until vegetables are crispy, but not burned.
- Garnish with parsley and season with salt to taste.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika