- Prep time 1 hour
- Serves 4
Every Spanish family have its own Spanish omelette recipe, or even more than one recipe, that’s why its really brave writing a post about Spanish potato omelette. I can’t say this is the best recipe out there, but I can tell you that is a really good one. —meriendasdepasion
potatoes (Medium size)
- First we peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces, small squares are perfect. We don’t need them to have perfect shapes.
- Once we had cut the potatoes we add salt and pepper.
- We cut the onion into small pieces and set aside for later.
- We need to cut now the spicy chorizo into small pieces and set aside too.
- In a bowl big enough for the omelette mix we whisk our eggs and set aside for later.
- Preheat your olive oil on your pan, around 1 inch deep will be enough to fry our potatoes.
- Once the oil is hot enough we can start frying our potatoes at medium heat (using a 1-9 ceramic stove, being 9 the maximum heat, 6 is perfect). The oil must almost cover the potatoes to let them cook uniformly.
- Once che potatoes start to soft we can add the onion to the frying oil to let the onion cook with the potatoes.
- We add too the spicy chorizo pieces with the potatoes and the onion.
- When the potatoes are fried enough we can take out the potatoes and onion from the oil with the help of our slotted spoon to retire the excess of oil.
- We add the potatos, onion and chorizo to the bowl where we have the whisked eggs and mix it well together.
- We can use the same oil where we prepared the potatoes to prepare our omelette, but we can retire some if there is an excess of oil, we won’t need more than half inch.
- With our slotted spoon we put the eggs and potato batter on the hot oil.
- We let the batter fry for one side, be careful not to burnt the base.
- With the help of a plate and being very careful we will turn the omelette upside down and adding a little but of oil not to burn the other side and let it cook.
- Retire from the stove and enjoy.