not for TODDLERS
December 17, 2010
- Serves 4
i LOVE whiskey and apples...wonderful combination in deserts...this is my liquid apple pie... —DUZE @BakingBackwards
What You'll Need
apples, preferrably organic granny smith
organic dark brown sugar
squeeze of an organic lemon
1 1/2 teaspoons
good quality ground cinammon
good quality pure vanilla extract
freshly grated nutmeg
good quality TART apple cider (from farmer's market etc)
organic unslated butter
freshly grated lemon zest
premium scotch whiskey, your preference of brand
small scoops premium vanilla ice cream (haagen daaz)
- Peel, core and slice apples. Using a good stir fry pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium high heat. Add apple slices, saute for 1 minute. Add all spices listed before Drambuie, stir one minute. Add squeeze of lemon.
- Add in the Drambuie, let boil for one minute then reduce heat bringing down to a simmer. Stir in sugar. Increase temperature to medium high heat. Let mixture reduce for a minute or two. Add vanilla. Stir to incorporate. Remove from the heat.
- Using a hand blender, puree the contents in the pan. Empty pan's contents into large jug. Pour the apple cider on top. Stir thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least a day.
- Take a large pot and put it on medium heat. Add remaining butter to the pot. Add the cinnamon stick, lemon zest and the teaspoon of cloves, stir.
- Using a strainer, pour in the contents of the refrigerated jug. Reserve the pulp and put back into the jug (for more for later!) Bring strained liquid to a light boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Take four mugs. Pour a shot of scotch into each mug. Top off each mug with the simmering apple soup mixture. Drop one small scoop of the vanilla ice cream in each mug. Top each with a dash of cinnamon. Serve immediately.
See what other Food52ers are saying.