Author Notes: Baby, It’s Cold Outside! Warming up is easy to do with this tasty pear toddy. You can serve it in your favorite mug or try these chic and eco-friendly mugs. These festive handcrafted mugs made from Asian pears are sure to awe your guests. - MuyBueno —MuyBueno
Food52 Review: Without a doubt this Hot Toddy should be put on your winter "must-make" list. Get the best pear nectar you can find and you will soon be transported to a heavenly place. The use of Asian spices give this toddy a subtle, haunting kick which make you want to keep on sippin'. This would be the perfect beverage to greet your guests with on a cold winter night or just after a vigorous day of your favorite winter sport. I am now a Hot Toddy convert! —sticksnscones
- 3 1/2 cups pear nectar
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 whole anise stars
- 3/4 cup tequila gold
- 4 Asian pears (optional)
- Combine pear nectar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and anise stars in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add tequila and stir to incorporate.
- Cut off the pear top and with a sharp knife carefully outline a rim on your pear cup.
- With a melon baller or a spoon, hollow out the pear making sure to leave about 1/4 inch at the bottom and around the edges, creating a cup.
- Pour warm nectar into pear cups and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy