If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Created for Thanksgiving 2010 - instant classic! —allie_schwartz
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Curry powder
- 1 pound small pasta shells
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375
- Peel squash. Cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Dice into cubes.
- Combine squash, stock, and cream in a pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until squash is tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Mash with a potato masher and stir in Curry powder, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for a few minutes before stirring in Mozzarella. Let mozzarella melt into sauce and continue to simmer.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles; cook until al dente. Drain. Pour noodles into cheese sauce and mix. Stir in the breadcrumbs ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Top with the rest of the Parm and bake for 30 minutes.