Author Notes: Created for Thanksgiving 2010 - instant classic! See the video here http://bit.ly/cRugNO —allie_schwartz
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 pound Small pasta shells
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadrcumbs
- Preheat oven to 375
- Peel squash. Cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Dice into cubes.
- Combine squash, stock, and cream in a pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until squash is tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Mash with a potato masher and stir in Curry powder, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for a few minutes before stirring in Mozzarella. Let mozzarella melt into sauce and continue to simmer.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles; cook until al dente. Drain. Pour noodles into cheese sauce and mix. Stir in the breadcrumbs ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Top with the rest of the Parm and bake for 30 minutes.