If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While at a bar where they were giving out free whiskey drinks--much to my whiskey-hating dismay--I consulted the bartender about making me a hot toddy, the only whiskey drink I like. He didnt have any hot water, but this was his answer. I have to say I might be a whiskey convert after this drink. And even in the Denver winter, I did not miss the heat in this drink. —NicoleQ23
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed OJ
- 1/3 cup soda water
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 shot whiskey of your choosing, I prefer a sweeter bourbon like Bulleit
- Combine ingredients to taste. The measurements arent exact, as I'm a former bartender as well and would technically use sight more than measurement to know what I like. I mean, at the requests of my whiskey-loving friends, it's MORE WHISKEY, LESS JUICE. Sooo whatever suits ya, I'm on the same experimental sea :)
- Shake intensely over ice. This froths up the mixture nicely. Pour into highball glass over ice, serve with a slice of orange.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy