- Prep time 5 minutes
- Cook time 30 minutes
- Serves 12 sliders
Whenever someone asks me whether I prefer savory things or sweet things, I always respond that I am equally obsessed with both. My favorite types of dishes are the ones that always have some sort of sweet and salty-savory element to them (they just work so well together).
Enter: these banana (the sweet) and bacon (the salty) sliders that are perfect for brunch. Brunch wouldn’t be complete without bacon—if you ask me, at least—but to take things up a notch, I gave ‘em a brown sugar and maple glaze that crisps up perfectly in the oven. When I started thinking about what might work well with those savory-maple flavors, Nutella, peanut butter, and bananas all came to mind. But instead of picking just one to go with, I decided to go all out and add each of them.
To hold the whole thing all together, St Pierre’s Brioche Slider Buns are just right—they’re soft and buttery, and toast up like a dream. (I should mention they're also delicious toasted and spread with nothing but butter.) —Catherine Yoo
Test Kitchen Notes
thick-cut bacon (about 6 slices)
brown sugar, packed and divided
unsalted butter, divided
package St Pierre Brioche Slider Rolls (comes with 12)
bananas, sliced lengthwise in half and cut in thirds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place a fitted baking rack on the sheet tray and lay the bacon strips on top.
- In a small, microwavable bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons brown sugar and maple syrup and heat it in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Brush the maple syrup mixture onto both sides of the bacon and place into the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly crisped.
- In the meantime, begin to toast your slider rolls: In a large skillet over medium heat, place 2 tablespoons of butter and heat until melted. Place the slider rolls cut side down and toast until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining rolls and replenish with butter as needed. Put the toasted rolls aside.
- Make the caramelized bananas: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in the pan. Once dissolved, place the bananas on the pan cut-side down and leave undisturbed for 3 minutes. Flip the banana over to check if it is golden brown on the bottom. Once golden brown, take off the heat.
- Once the bacon is finished baking and slightly cooled, cut the bacon into thirds.
- Begin to assemble your sliders: Spread the bottom half of the roll with peanut butter and place two slices of the caramelized bananas on top. Spread Nutella on the other top half of the roll and place the slices of bacon on top of the caramelized bananas. Top the sliders and enjoy!