Author Notes: Traditional Italian Christmas Eve antipasto...For this easy, time saving recipe, we used frozen and canned seafood. However, if you have the time, fresh seafood is preferable. —Badcook
ounces Canned Scungilli (sliced conch)
ounces Calamari Rings (uncooked, frozen)
ounces Shrimp (cooked, frozen)
pieces Celery Stalks (sliced bite sized)
ounces Black Olives (small, pitted and halved)
handfuls Capers (salted and rinsed)
piece Garlic (one clove, minced)
sprigs Fresh Parsley (chopped)
ounce Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
dash Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Defrost and rinse calamari. Cook in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove from boiling water and rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Defrost and remove tail shells from shrimp.
- Rinse and drain scungilli.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Add juice of two squeezed lemons and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss salad.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of an hour, maximum of overnight, stirring frequently to marinate salad.
- Serve in small dishes or bowls with lemon wedges.