- Prep time 25 minutes
- Cook time 35 minutes
- Serves 8
Delicious roasted veggie salad, perfect for fall and holiday meals! —nicolelupu
- Salad Ingredients
large sweet potatoes
apples (I used Red Delicious but any apple will do!)
cranberries (unsweetened, dried)
sourdough croutons (about 3 slices of bread, torn and prepared)
avocado oil (for roasting vegetables)
olive oil (for croutons)
salt (use the amount you prefer on your veggies)
1 1/2 tablespoons
- Honey Peanut Dressing Ingredients
peanut butter (creamy natural)
1 1/2 tablespoons
Apple Cider Vinegar
Mac nut oil (sub light olive or avocado if you can't get Mac nut)
In This Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and set the racks to one in the middle and one 2 underneath, then line 2 large sheet pans with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Cook the barley according to package directions and drain any excess water.
- Wash and chop your kale and sweet potatoes cutting into even bite size pieces, cut the ends off your brussels and slice into thirds, I like to do this to get more surface areas for crisping.
- Spread the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts on a sheet pan and drizzle with avocado oil and salt and pepper. On the other sheet pan do the same with the kale and barley.
- The sweet potatoes and brussels will take longer to roast so place them in your preheated oven on middle rack and roast for 20-25 mins tossing mid way.
- Make the sourdough croutons by tearing or cubing your sourdough bread. Heat your 1 tbsp. oil in a frying pan and cook 5-7 mins until toasty season with salt and pepper, set aside on paper towels.
- After 20-25 mins add the Kale and barley on the lower rack and continue to roast both pans of vegetables for another 15-20 minutes until the kale is just wilted and starting to crisp on the edges, the barley should still be chewy but a bit toasted. By this point the brussels and sweet potatoes should be nicely browned and crispy on the edges, keep an eye on your sweet potatoes as not all ovens are the same and you don't want to burn your potatoes.
- Wash and cube your apple and measure out your dried cranberries.
- Whisk all the ingredients for your honey peanut dressing together in a small bowl or large Pyrex measuring cup.
- Remove the roasted vegetable from the oven and arrange in large bowl or platter, top with the apples, croutons and cranberries, drizzle the dressing over top and enjoy!