If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just love making granola because it is so easy, creates a wonderful aroma that lasts for hours, and feels SOOOO good when I go to the supermarket and see how much they are charging for an itty-bitty bag that doesn't taste nearly as good as my homemade stuff. —Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
Makes: 4 cups
tablespoons coconut oil
cup maple syrup
cups raw oats
cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Melt the oil. In a small bowl,combine the oil with the maple syrup, salt and cinnamon.
- Put the oats, coconut and pecans into a large bowl. Pour the oil mixture over the oat mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the granola onto a large baking sheet and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally so all the granola bakes evenly.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool thoroughly before transferring to an airtight container or ziploc bag. Enjoy plain, with milk or on ice cream or yogurt.