- Prep time 20 minutes
- Serves 2
Wagyu steak is marinated in chimichurri, which is an Argentinean sauce made with parsley, oregano, shallots, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. The steak is then grilled and served with roasted red potatoes and red pearl onions. This delicious dish is full of flavor and a fresh take on steak and potatoes! Try it today! —Double8Cattle
Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Sirloin Tip Steak
Small Red Potatoes
Red Pearl Onions (peeled)
Sea Salt (to season)
Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season)
Olive Oil (to oil sheet tray)
Flat Leaf Parsley
Garlic Cloves (peeled)
Red Wine Vinegar
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Tools - Food Processor, Grill or Indoor Grill Pan (chef used charcoal grill), Sheet Tray, Large Pot
- FIRST STEP Take the Fullblood Wagyu sirloin tip steak out of the freezer, and place it in the refrigerator 24 hours before starting this recipe.
- PREPARING THE CHIMICHURRI Add the flat leaf parsley, fresh oregano, shallots, garlic cloves, red wine vinegar, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper to the food processor. Pulse until uniform, while slowly adding the olive oil to emulsify. This is your chimichurri. Divide the chimichurri in half. One portion will be used for marinating the steak, while the other portion will be used for serving.
- PREPARING THE MARINADE Place your Fullblood Wagyu sirloin tip steak in a Ziploc bag. Add the chimichurri (only use half of the chimichurri) to the bag with the steak. Place the bag in the refrigerator, and marinate the steak for 1-2 hours.
- PREPARING THE ROASTED POTATOES Preheat your oven to 425°F. Fill a large pot with enough water to boil the small red potatoes. Add salt to the water, and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes, and boil for around 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Drain, and let the potatoes cool. Oil a sheet tray with olive oil, and lightly smash the potatoes. Toss the potatoes with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and the peeled red pearl onions. Roast at 425°F until the potatoes are browned and the edges are crispy.
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU STEAK Take your marinated Fullblood Wagyu sirloin tip steak out of the bag, and place it on a plate. Allow it to come to room temperature. Prepare your outdoor grill or indoor grill pan by heating it on high heat. Grill the marinated steak (usually a few minutes per side) to your desired doneness. Note: We suggest using a meat thermometer to check the temperature of your steak.
- FINAL STEPS Let the marinated and grilled steak rest for 5-10 minutes. Then, slice the steak against the grain. Serve the grilled Fullblood Wagyu steak with the reserved chimichurri and roasted potatoes and onions. Enjoy!