Spicy squid ink pasta with shrimp and pork inspired by BoccaLupo in Atlanta, GA. —Kathryn
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
- Serves 4-6
Peeled raw shrimp
Calabrian Pepper Paste (I typically use Trader Joe's Italian Bomba Hot Pepper Sauce)
Squid ink pasta
In This Recipe
- Prepare ingredients. Separate green and white portions of green onions, finely chop white portions and slice green portions at an angle. Thinly slice garlic cloves. Chop shrimp into 0.5-1 inch chunks.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat in medium to large high sided sauté pan, and then add ground pork in small chunks. Allow to brown on several sides and then break into smaller pieces, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add sliced garlic and chopped white portions of green onions, cook with ground pork for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook for additional 3-5 minutes, allowing the paste to caramelize.
- Add 2-3 Tablespoons of the Calabrian paste and chopped shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Salt sauce to taste (typically I do not need to add any!).
- Cook pasta according to instructions and reserve some of the pasta water. Once pasta is done, transfer cooked pasta water to sauté pan with sauce and coat pasta in sauce. Add small amounts of reserved pasta water to allow sauce to come together.
- Serve and top with reserved green portions of the green onions and bread crumbs! Enjoy!