- Prep time 3 hours 30 minutes
- Cook time 13 minutes
- makes 30-48 cookies
Adapted from Betty Crocker, David Lebovitz & Nestle Tollhouse. —Melissa P
What You'll Need
unsalted room temperature butter
1 1/4 cups
packed light brown sugar
cups quick-cooking oats
1 3/4 cups
1 1/2 cups
granulated white sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon, making sure there are no lumps of baking soda. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract to creamed sugar mixture.
- On low speed, or by hand, gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet mixture, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Chill batter for 3-12 hours.
- To bake the cookies, preheat the oven 180ºC. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoon onto sheet, and flatten the tops slightly with your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.