The new generation is fond of Chocolate Cake. So I have a quick and easy recipe for making a chocolate cake without using flour and eggs.
This cake is prepared with three simple ingredients i.e. oreo biscuits, milk, and eno.
Oreo biscuit cake Recipe can be prepared without an oven and a microwave. In this recipe, I have prepared it on the gas using a cooker. —NM Recipe
- Prep time 10 hours
- Cook time 50 hours
- Serves 4
- For the Base of the cake
- For Chocolate Sauce
Dark Chocolate or Dairy Milk
- Take a mixer jar and add all the Oreos in by smashing the biscuits with your hand.
- Make a fine powder of oreo biscuits in the mixer. Oreo chunks should not be left.
- Preheat - Place a big-sized cooker on a low flame of a big burner and sprinkle 1 cup of salt in the cooker such that a thin layer of salt is created at the base of the cooker. - Cover the salt with a wire rack (or bhagoni stand) in the cooker. - Close the cooker with the lid with the whistle removed. - Heat the salt for 7-10 minutes on a low flame.
- Preparation of Batter - While the cooker gets preheated, we will prepare the cake batter. - Take a big bowl or cake tin and grease it with oil or ghee. - Dust it with maida or in other words sprinkle some maida over the bowl or cake tin. - Take the grinded oreo biscuit in another big bowl. - Gradually, add ½ cup of milk of normal temperature in the above mixture and mix very well to make a good quality batter of running consistency or a smooth paste. - At this stage, you can also add chocolate nuts to the batter for some extra taste. - Add 1 pouch of eno to the batter. - Add 1 teaspoon of milk over eno for batter fermentation. - Mix the above mixture very well. (The batter should not be too watery or thick. It should fall like a ribbon.)
- - Immediately place this mixture into the big bowl or cake tin greased earlier. - Tap the bowl gradually from the sides so that the batter settles down perfectly. - Remove the lid of the cooker and place this big bowl or cake tin in the heated cooker. (Be careful as the cooker is hot) - Cover the lid of the cooker without the whistle. - Cook on low flame for 40 minutes. - After that, remove the lid of the cooker and check the cake. (Insert a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out clean, it means the cake has cooked well. If the batter is stuck on the toothpick, cook again for another 5 minutes.) - Take out the cake tin from the cooker carefully and cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Unmold the Cake - Loosen the sides of the cake with the help of a knife. - Place a plate over the cake tin and make it upside down. - Now tap with gentle hands on the backside of the cake tin so that the cake comes out easily on the plate. (At this stage, the cake is upside down) - Now place a serving plate over the cake and turn it again. - Now the cake is in the right position. By following this process, the cake will not break.
- Preparing chocolate sauce - Take a big pan/kadai and pour 1 glass of water. - Place this pan on gas and boil water on high flame. - Take another small bowl and pour the chocolate. - Add 1 tablespoon of milk. - Place this small bowl in the pan/kadai. This way of putting a small bowl in a big pan/kadhai is called a double boiler. - Reduce flame to low flame. - Stir well the mixture. - You may add one spoon of milk if you feel that the sauce is thick. - Switch off the flame. Chocolate sauce is ready.
- Cake Decoration - Now, once the chocolate sauce is ready then start spreading it over the cake with the help of a spoon with gentle hands. - While spreading the sauce be aware not to apply too much pressure as this may result in the breaking of the cake. - Apply the sauce at the sides of the cake carefully. - For decoration, you can grate some chocolates like KitKat, munch, milky bar over the cake for the decoration for some extra taste. - You can also add some cake decorative items to it.