- Prep time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
This delicious burger is made with tender Wagyu beef, Swiss cheese, BBQ sauce, fried onion slices, and Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning! Jess Pryles created this delicious recipe, and it's a favorite of anyone who loves a juicy steakhouse burger! Try this recipe for lunch, dinner, or game day! —Double8Cattle
Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Burger Patties
Hardcore Carnivore Red Seasoning (to season patties)
BBQ Sauce (divided)
SLICE Swiss Cheese
Large Sweet or Yellow Onions (cut into thin slices)
(16 FL OZ) Buttermilk
2 1/2 cups
All Purpose Flour
Hardcore Carnivore Red Seasoning
Peanut, Canola, or Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Tools - Large Non-Reactive Bowl, Large Bowl, Deep Frying Pot, Slotted Spoon, Grill
- FIRST STEP Take the Fullblood Wagyu beef burger patties out of the freezer, and place them in the refrigerator 24 hours before starting this recipe.
- PREPARING THE FRIED ONIONS Peel and finely slice your onions into 1/8-inch-thick slices/strings. Place the sliced onions into a large non-reactive bowl. Pour the buttermilk over the onions, making sure everything is submerged. Soak the onions in the buttermilk for 30-60 minutes. In a large bowl or resealable bag, place the all purpose flour and Hardcore Carnivore Red seasoning. Mix well. Place the oil into a deep frying pot, and place over high heat. Heat the oil to 375°F. Drain the onions. Then, take a handful of onions and drop them into the flour and seasoning mixture. Toss them in the mixture to fully coat. Then, shake off any excess flour/seasoning. Lower the coated onion slices into the hot oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy. Then, use a spider or slotted spoon to remove them. Place them onto a rack to drain any excess oil. Repeat the process in batches until all of the flour-coated onions are fried. NOTE: Wait for the oil to come back up to the correct temperature before frying the next batch of onions.
- PREPARING THE WAGYU BEEF BURGERS Heat a grill to medium heat (300-350°F). Season the Wagyu beef burger patties with a light dusting of Hardcore Carnivore Red on each side. Then, place the burger patties on the grill. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Then, flip the burgers, and cook for 6-8 minutes on the other side. Place the burger buns on the grill. Toast the buns over the coals until golden brown.
- FINAL STEPS Lay out your four bottom buns on a platter. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on each bottom bun. Then, add a grilled Wagyu beef burger patty on top of each slice of cheese. Next, pour a 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce over each burger patty. Lastly, add a generous handful of fried onion slices/strings to each burger, and finish by adding the top bun. Serve, and enjoy!