- Prep time 30 minutes
- Cook time 45 minutes
- Serves 6
This is a healthy, easy and delicious recipe when having family or friends over. You can easily prep it before your guests arrive (or even the day before).
That way you can fully enjoy your evening without spending all of your time in the kitchen while everybody is chatting, laughing and having a great time in the living room. —Julie Van Camp
- Shredded chicken
virgin olive oil
basil tomato flesh
shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt, pepper, oregano, chili flakes (to taste)
- Shredded chicken
- Start by preparing the shredded chicken. Place the chicken in a large pot and cover with water.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring the water to a gentle boil. Once the water is boiling, lower the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove and remove water.
- Shred the chicken using two forks. Use one fork to hold the chicken steady, and scrape at the piece of chicken to pull it apart with the other fork.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Slice the zucchinis lengthwise using a mandolin. Place the zucchini slices on a cooking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes to remove the water (do not skip this step).
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until starting to soften. Lower the heat and add the shredded chicken with 400g of tomato flesh. Stir to combine.
- In an oven dish, assemble the lasagna: • 1 layer of zucchini slices • 1 layer of chicken (1/2 of the preparation) • 1 layer of cottage cheese (200g) • Some shredded mozzarella cheese Then repeat: • 1 layer of zucchini slices • 1 layer of chicken (other 1/2 of the preparation) • 1 layer of cottage cheese (200g) • Some shredded mozzarella cheese Finish with 1 layer of zucchini slices. Spread tomato flesh (approx. 150g) on top. And sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.