- Prep time 30 minutes
- Cook time 45 minutes
- Serves 2
This hearty sandwich is a classic Philly Cheesesteak with a tasty twist! This loaded sandwich is made with Wagyu sirloin tip steak, which is marinated in Japanese BBQ sauce and then cooked. The sandwich is loaded with shredded Provolone cheese, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and steak strips! Try this recipe today! —Double8Cattle
Double 8 Cattle Company Sirloin Tip Steak
BOTTLE Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce
Jalapenos (seeded, sliced)
Onion (peeled, sliced)
Green Bell Pepper (seeded, sliced)
Hoagie Rolls (halved)
Shredded Provolone Cheese
- Tools - Chef’s Knife, 2 Large Bowls, Cutting Board, Spatula, Cast Iron Skillet, 1 Gallon Ziploc Bag, Baking Sheet
- FIRST STEP Take the Fullblood Wagyu sirloin tip steak out of the freezer, and place it in the refrigerator 24 hours before starting this recipe.
- PREPARING THE MARINADE Trim any excess fat off the Wagyu sirloin tip steak. Then, finely slice the Wagyu steak into strips. Place the steak strips in a one gallon Ziploc bag. Add the Bachan’s Japanese barbecue sauce to the bag with the steak strips, and close the bag. Then, shake vigorously to coat the Wagyu beef with the sauce. Place the Ziploc bag in the refrigerator overnight, allowing the beef to marinate in the sauce. NOTE: You can shorten the amount of time the beef marinates if needed.
- PREPARING THE WAGYU STEAK STRIPS Place a cast iron skillet over high heat. Once hot, add the Wagyu steak strips and BBQ sauce mixture (from the Ziploc bag). Cook the Wagyu steak strips thoroughly, while stirring when needed. NOTE: You can cook the Wagyu steak strips and sauce in batches, instead of cooking them all at once. Once the Wagyu steak is finished, remove it from the skillet, and place it in a bowl. Reserve.
- PREPARING THE ONION, PEPPERS, AND MUSHROOMS Add the peeled and sliced onion and the seeded and sliced green bell pepper to the same skillet over medium-high heat. Once tender, add the sliced mushrooms and the seeded and sliced jalapenos to the skillet. Continue to cook until all of the vegetables are browned. Once your desired doneness has been reached, take the skillet off the heat, and set it aside.
- FINAL STEPS Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare the sandwiches by cutting the hoagie rolls in half, and placing the shredded Provolone cheese on the bottom half of each sandwich roll. Next, add a layer of the onion, pepper, and mushroom mixture to each sandwich. Then, add another layer of shredded Provolone cheese to each sandwich. Finally, add the cooked Wagyu steak strips and one final layer of shredded cheese to each sandwich. Once the sandwiches have been assembled, place them on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet with the sandwiches in the preheated oven. Once the cheese has melted (about 5 minutes), take the sandwiches out of the oven. Let the sandwiches sit for 10 minutes, serve, and enjoy!