- Prep time 40 minutes
- Cook time 5 minutes
- makes 1 10" Cast Iron Skillet
This started as a recipe from Woman's Day magazine. An easy cheesy comfort dish that is warm and filling. I love this recipe since my wife loves spinach artichoke dip and the dish captures the essence of the dip in a main course. Also, as in most if not all recipes, it is so easily changed
and adapted to whatever whim you fancy at the moment. —topdawg11
Small Sea Salt
Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
Roasted Chicken Breast
White Cheddar, Grated
- Cook paste in 4 quarts salted boiling water until al dente. Drain pasta and reserve .5 Cup of pasta water.
- Cook frozen spinach following package directions. Cool and squeeze water from spinach. Chop spinach and slice artichoke hearts.
- Sit cream cheese aside to soften.
- Preheat medium skillet on medium low heat, add olive oil, and cook minced shallots for 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool. Take 10" cast iron skillet and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl put softened cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Add onion and garlic mixture and stir. Add pasta and pasta water and stir. Add spinach and artichoke hearts and stir. Add mozzarella and stir. Turn oven to broil with rack on second shelf down.
- Take 6 ounces chicken and dice. Add Worcestershire and taco seasoning and stir to coat. Stir chicken into pasta mixture. Spoon pasta and chicken into cast iron skillet and level. Grate white cheddar on top of pasta.
- Place skillet into oven and broil for 5 to 6 minutes moving skillet to get even browning. Remove and cool slightly.