If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish can be prepared in advance. Refrigerate it for up to three days and then heat it or bring it to room temperature before serving. Serve it with some yogurt or sour cream for a complete meal, or as a side dish next to chicken or fish. —Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced in thin rings
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dashes cinnamon
- dashes cardamom
- dashes black or Aleppo pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces frozen cauliflower floret
- Heat the oil in a medium pot. Saute the onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes till softening. Add the garlic and saute for another minute or two, stirring, till you can smell the garlic beginning to cook.
- Add the butternut squash and stir. Add the salt and spices and stir again. Pour in about 1/2 cup water just to cover the squash. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook covered for 15 minutes until the squash is almost done.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for another 10 minutes or so, until the cauliflower is thoroughly heated through. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.