If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are best fresh out of the oven with some plugra butter. I find that when baking it really is worth it to purchase a small digital scale. They shouldn't cost you more than $30 and can be found at any good cooking store or on Amazon. —sweetbelle
Makes 24 muffins
- 12 ounces granulated sugar
- 16.5 ounces All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, shaken
- 1 1/2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 granny smith apple
- 2 gala or fuji apples
- 6 ounces walnuts, chopped
- turbinado sugar
- Sift sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a bowl. Set aside.
- Place eggs into a bowl. Whisk warm, melted butter into eggs in four additions. You should end up with a fluffy completely emulsified mixture. Add the buttermilk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Whisk to combine.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients in 3 additions using a spatula.
- Peel and cut apples. Place them in a food processor and process until they are small pieces, just before they become a puree. Fold into muffin batter.
- Using a 2 ounce ice cream scooper portion muffin batter into baking liners in a muffin tin. Top each muffin with chopped walnuts and a sprinkling of turbinado sugar.
- Place in a preheated 325 degree oven. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn, bake for another 10 minutes. Check doneness with a toothpick and continue baking if necessary.