Author Notes: I recently invented this jam as an experimental Christmas present. Worked out great! it is not too sweet and has great depth of flavor. Enjoy! —DUZE @BakingBackwards
Makes: 1 jar
packages organic frozen boysenberries
large package blueberries
C organic brown sugar
meyer lemon juice and zest
sachet liquid natural pectin
clean mason jar and screw on lid
- Boil the lid of the jar and keep in the water till ready to seal. Put the washed and clean jar in a 275 F oven for 10 minutes to sterilize. Keep in oven till ready to fill.
- Put the frozen fruit and water in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat for a few minutes. Add sugar lemon zest and juice, stir and bring to a boil.
- Lower temperature to medium heat and let rapidly simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the fresh blueberries, boil 5 more minutes.
- Add pectin, boil and then simmer until jam reduces to your desired consistency, mine was quite syrupy. Turn off heat.
- Using clean tongs, remove a jar from the oven and place it on a wooden cutting board. Pour the jam carefully into the jar without dirtying the outer edge (you may want to use a funnel for this). Using the tongs, remove the lid from the boiling water and place on top of the jar of jam. Seal. Store at room temperature for 24 hours before opening and/or refrigerating.